Paris in short
Paris can be seen as thé most interesting city of Europe and probably even as one of the most amazing city’s worldwide. People from all over the world travel to Paris to discover and experience this fairy-like city. Paris is the city of love, inspiration, art and fashion. The night scene, the Eiffel tower and the warm atmosphere will make you feel directly at home. Paris has a lot of interesting architecture and museums to offer, and is also a Walhalla for shopaholics. A city as Paris is one that everyone should visit and experience.
Good to know
|Location||Ile-de-France, Northern France|
|Fly time||+/- one or two hours from Central Europe|
|Time difference||None in Central Europe. One hour earlier in Great Brittain.|
Read more fast facts about Paris
Climate in Paris
Paris is beautiful in every single season. The continental climate in Paris is characterized by warm and sunny summers, moderate winters and has no extreme temperatures. The average temperature in July is about 25°C. In winter the temperature drops until an average temperature of 2°C in January.
- St.-Germain-des-Prés (art, galleries and fashion)
- Quartier Latin (university La Sorbonne, academic centre, multicultural)
- Opéra and Beaubourg (budgetshopping)
- Montmartre (northern Paris, hills)
- Le Marais and Bastille (architecture)
- Champs-Elysées and Tuilerieen (lots of highlights : Arc the Triomphe, shopping in the Avenue des Chaps-Elysées, Jardin des Tuileries, Musée du Louvre)
- Ilde de la Cité and Ile St. Louis (Island, historic centre of Paris, Notre Dame)
- Invalides (Eiffeltower)
Holiday to Paris
A trip to Paris is thé perfect get-away. One weekend or a couple of days in Paris will be enough to make you feel one with the city and forget about the daily routine back home. Wander around, experience the arty culture, shop until you drop, visit the highlights, just relax in a city park and enjoy the stunning view from the Eiffel tower. Sleeping in Paris doesn’t have to be expensive; Paris has a city-campsite and lots of hostels. But if your budget allows it and when you are looking for more luxury, there are also plenty of fancy hotels in Paris.